PRICE: £26 per month
Tuesday 12:30 – 13:30
Thursday 12:30 – 13:30
Friday 12:30 – 13:30
An Award scheme which has been developed for children 3 years +, focuses on the development of physical literacy and movement skills. Children learn the three fundamental building blocks of movement-Action, Balance and Co-ordination (A, B, Cs), with a range of 40 different activities to choose from.
The scheme introduces children to physical activity in a fun yet structured environment so that they can safely learn and experiment, Action, Balance and Co-ordination activities under qualified coaches. On successful completion of each theme, the child will be awarded a certificate and a badge.
HOW WE USE:
The Introductory Awards;
Efficient use of the Awards Programs should encourage participation, effort and give an accurate picture of progress.
- We use our experience and knowledge of Gymnastics to make the Awards Schemes work effectively for the gymnasts.
- With the youngest gymnasts, the awards are about participation and therefore these can be achieved by all children who join in and engage with the classes.
- Pre-schoolers may work through the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, Awards on the Pre-school Scheme before beginning on the BG Core Proficiency Awards 8 +7.
- We pass all elements of the awards, in each ‘LEVEL’ in order to aid smooth progression.
- Each gymnast has his/her own achievements recorded on their individual progress sheet.
- We will be happy to answer your questions about the Introductory Awards Programme and BG Awards 8 & 7.
PLEASE NOTE: An adult is required to attend these sessions!
- These sessions are for boys and girls.
- British Gymnastics Pre-School membership is required (this membership is not required each time you re-book onto the term). The membership runs from 1st Oct-30th September. Due to data protection regulations, you must complete this registration yourself on the British Gymnastics website.